At UC Davis Chile we are looking for two professionals to make part of our team, one for Agronomy Coordinator and one for Partnerships Coordinator.
The description and requirements for both positions is detailed in the text below:
Position Title: Agronomy Coordinator
Full time Position located in Santiago, Chile.
We are looking for a Coordinator with a knowledgable background to provide agronomical solutions to company needs. The job entails providing technical expertise and guidance in the program coordination by participating in strategic planning, leading and supervising the foundation of the agricultural program delivery, issue identification, performance measurement and provide policy input/interpretation. The Coordinator will be expected to provide well-informed input on a broad spectrum of issues related to agriculture and food in support of our technological centers, universities and partners.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge, technical insight and judgment of principles and practices in the field of agricultural, bioresource and related disciplines to advice teams on solutions to problems.
- Make decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and that have critical and far-reaching impact on projects being executed by UC Davis Chile.
- Offer technical advice to R&D programs that UC Davis Chile develops and coordinate research activities
- Establish standards of performance and quality of work.
- Visit research establishments.
- Provide technological advice to researchers
- Develop effective working relationships with our strategic current and prosperous partners.
- Work with research team in developing, administering and managing project budget.
- Contributes to and implements strategy, demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature judgment.
- Manages and supervises consultants.
- Participate in quarterly reports
- Communicate effectively in both English and Spanish, orally and written
- Graduate (MSc or PhD) degree in Agronomy, or related agricultural discipline or a related field (linked to UC Davis or other campus of UC System preferred).
- Knowledge of agronomy practices and applied science in the field.
- Experience in project and program management and ability to lead and manage a team of professionals
- Knowledge of agricultural practices, including knowledge of the latest technologies, innovations, challenges and opportunities in the agricultural industry.
- Ability to write technical proposals
- Able to monitor, measure and trend established quality standards of performance
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to teamwork and have a commitment to efficiently and thoroughly complete a job.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to bring diverse stakeholders together over a common goal
- Proficient in both oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed.
Availability: This is a fulltime position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Close Date: In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 25th 2018.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and 2 references for recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Partnership Coordinator
Description: Professional responsible for the implementation and operation of a program to link academic and business associates of the center in Chile with the capabilities and opportunities of UC Davis in California, and who will participate in the design of the strategy of corporate relations and institutional partnership of UC Davis Chile.
The coordinator will report to the Partnership and Communications Manager.
Among his responsibilities:
- To identify needs and propose actions to connect our academic and business associates with the opportunities offered by the Campus.
- To establish and maintain permanent coordination with authorities and professionals from UC Davis and from our partner institutions.
- To develop and accompany the implementation of a bi-directional academic and student exchange programs between UC Davis and the academic partners of the Center.
- To propose and to develop programs to strengthen the collaboration between UC Davis and our academic partner.
- To collaborate in the implementation of a work experience programs and the insertion of UC Davis students in national companies.
- Knowledge about the operation of national universities and with experience in the design and implementation of inter-institutional and international collaboration programs.
- Ability to work in teams and commitment to efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills.
- Proficient in both oral and written communications in English and Spanish.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally, as necessary.
- Represent UC Davis Chile with the absolute highest standards of professionalism; strong fiduciary mindset, uncompromising ethics and integrity; ability to act professionally and handle sensitive, confidential, or privileged information.
Availability: Full time.
Salary: According to market.
Deadline for applications: September 25, 2018.
To apply, please send CV including rent pretensions, cover letter, and at least one letter of recommendation to: email@example.com